Most nonprofit boards of directors focus on helping their organizations be more effective, but few give the same degree of attention to how the board itself could do its job better. A truly effective board understands its role and responsibilities in the context of the entire organization, and monitors and improves its own performance on a regular basis. Those that do find it actually makes their jobs easier.
- Assessing your board’s needs and recruiting new members
- Responsibilities and expectations of board members
- Using a “job description” as a means of guiding your board
- Structuring relationships between the board, committees, and staff
- Using committees to do the work of the board
- Date: April 11, 2018
- Time: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Location: Meals on Wheels of Western New York, 100 E. James Casey Drive, Buffalo, NY 14206
- Instructor: Nonprofit Works president Paul Mastrodonato, who serves on and advises boards of directors on their role and how to be more productive
- Cost: $75.00
Read more testimonials from clients and workshop participants