This practical workshop helps participants learn how to develop and manage their interactions with the media, including generating story ideas, creating news releases, and then pitching them to reporters and editors along with collateral materials. Participants are encouraged to bring current communications projects to work on.
- Identifying relevant media actors and creating a media contact “database”
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with media contacts
- Developing news and “feature” stories about your organization and issues relevant to it
- Crafting news releases that increase your chance of getting your stories or issues covered
- Choosing the right “hook” and pitching your news release
- Date: May 8, 2017
- Time: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Location: Nonprofit Works — 112 Spring Street, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
- Instructor: John Wilner has worked for 30 years for a variety of non-profit organizations as a researcher, reporter and editor, director of publications, and communications consultant
- Cost: $75 per person (inquire about group discounts), includes parking and resource materials
Read more testimonials from clients and workshop participants